1. The individual sport solely consists of Armenian participants, unless a Non-Armenian participant has a proven (ID card or other governmental document) first-degree (married or child) family relation with an Armenian person.
2. For the individual sports athletes, the minimum age is 12+ years. Athletes turning this age during the year of the EAG will be accepted.
3. Each player has a time limit determined by the EAG host on the clock
4. When a piece is touched, this piece must be played
5. After a move when a piece is released, the move can’t be changed anymore
6. After each move the clock is allowed to be switched
7. Switching the clock is only allowed with the same hand that the last piece was played with
8. A match is won after a checkmate or when the opponent has no time left anymore
9. The clock starts according to the EAG schedule. Not showing up within 10 minutes, the match is automatically lost
2 points for a winning match
1 point for a tie
0 points for a lost game or by disqualification
When players in the group stage have an equal number of points, first counts the number of matches won by taking the King.
During the tournament the house rules and general terms and conditions of the Euro Armenian Games are applicable.
For cases where the above rules are not adequate enough, refer to the chess rules of the World Chess Federation. These can be found at www.fide.com.